NIRSA Connect: Agreement
Updated February 22, 2015
Thank you for being part of NIRSA Connect: The Community for Leaders in Collegiate Recreation. To ensure the best possible experience for all users, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions, shared files, and content to that best suited to the medium. Questions should be directed to the NIRSA Membership Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact NIRSA Membership. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in NIRSA Connect for anyone who violates these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Share information with your Contacts for product and service information if they request it.
- Comments posted for the purpose of selling a product or service are prohibited and will be subject to deletion.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the Discussions and within the Libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal words and materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate Discussions or Libraries. Do not spam several Discussions with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. NIRSA reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for members and affiliates of NIRSA. NIRSA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by NIRSA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall NIRSA be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal words or materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants NIRSA and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages may not be posted if they encourage or facilitate users to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or are intended to facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
NIRSA does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of NIRSA we will take all appropriate action.
NIRSA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
You agree to grant to NIRSA a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license, with the right to sub-license, to reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, publicly display and publicly perform any materials and other information (including, without limitation, ideas contained therein for new or improved products and services) you submit to any areas of the site (such as discussion groups, communities, resource libraries, and blogs) or by email to nirsa.org by all means and in any media now known (documents, images, videos, etc.) or hereafter developed. You also grant to NIRSA the right to use your name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto.